Are you as much of a chocolate fan as we are? If so, you’re going to love this chocolatey twist on our crisps. While the holidays may be over, we’re still having fun creating delicious recipes in our kitchen. Most recently, we decided to turn our crisps into a sweet treat- by dipping them in chocolate! It’s the perfect blend of sweet, chocolatey and crunchy goodness all in one. For this recipe we simply melted our favorite chocolate chips over a double boiler, and dipped the crisps in to cover them about half way in chocolate. The whole process takes no more than 30 minutes!
Semisweet Chocolate chips (preferably somewhere between 55-65%)
Blueberry Walnut Maine Crisps
1) To set up a double boiler, set a pot over low heat on the stove that is filled with an inch or two of water. Pour the chocolate chips into a dry, heat proof bowl, and set the bowl on top of the pot. (The bowl should be large enough that it is not touching the water). It’s important that no moisture gets into your bowl, so make sure the bowl is completely dry.
2) Allow the chocolate chips to melt for about 10 or so minutes. Test to see how melted they are by stirring with a spoon.
3) Once the chocolate chips are completely melted, turn off the heat, carefully remove the bowl (it will be hot!), and set aside for a few minutes.
4) Set up a piece of parchment paper next to the chocolate bowl.
5) Dip the crisps into the melted chocolate, one at a time, covering them about halfway. Set them gently on the parchment paper. Once you’ve dipped all of the crisps, allow the chocolate to harden about 20-30 minutes. Alternatively, you can place the parchment on a baking pan or large platter and then place in the refrigerator or freezer for 5-10 minutes so the chocolate hardens faster!
6) Store them in a sealed container in a cool area.
Comments will be approved before showing up.